The refreshing taste of jicama, along with its crisp texture, adds the perfect contrast to the black beans and sweet tomatoes in this salad. The neat element of this recipe is that the jicama is shredded!
This salad is an ideal accompaniment to taco night. Have fun with this recipe! Diced avocado, grilled corn, feta cheese and chopped cilantro would also be amazing additions.
- To prep jicama, peel the skin with a vegetable peeler or slice it off with a knife.
- Use a large hole grated to shred the jicama
- Great additions to the salad are: chopped cilantro, grilled corn, feta cheese, and diced avocado.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (500mL) grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded jicama
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, cumin and salt in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, black beans, jicama, and green onion to the dressing; toss well to coat.