Fruit salads are a fun way to eat more fruit. This salad is especially refreshing. The sour kiwis and the sweet berries taste delicious together and the tiny black seeds in the kiwis add a little crunch.
- 2 kiwis
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup raspberries (6 oz package)
- 1 cup blueberries (6 oz package)
- 1 naval orange, halved and juiced
- Wash kiwis and berries and pat dry.
- Peel and cut kiwis into bite size pieces.
- Combine fruit and orange juice in a bowl and toss gently.
- Serve immediately, or let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes to allow flavours to mix.
A salad spinner is perfect for washing your lettuce, but it also works well to wash and dry delicate berries.
To get the most juice out of an orange, use a citrus reamer or if you donӴ have one, a fork will also do the trick. Insert a fork into an orange halve and twist while squeezing the orange.
Some recipes require you to hull a strawberry. What does this mean? It just means cutting the leafy green part out of the berry.
Watch our kiwi video to learn how you can peel a kiwi with a spoon!