With spring here and the sun shining, we find ourselves craving the natural bright colours of fruits and vegetables. Make these Kiwi Lime Popsicles for a delicious and fairly healthy treat! Leave out the booze for the kids, but otherwise this popsicle is packed with fibre and nutritious kiwi goodness!
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 8-10 kiwis, diced—about 4 cups (1 L) of kiwi
- 1/2 cup (125 g) white sugar
- 1 lime, juiced (approximately 3 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp water
- Optional: a splash (1-2 tbsp) of vodka or white rum
- In a small pot over medium heat, dissolve 1/2 cup sugar in the juice of a lime and water, stirring occasionally. Once completely dissolved, let cool to room temperature.
- Peel and quarter the kiwi and gently puree with cooled sugar syrup (try not to use a high-powered blender as it may blast through the seeds, yielding a brown tint to the fruit mixture). Add splash of vodka or rum if desired.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours, depending on the type of popsicle molds and freezers you have. Remove by running a little bit of warm water on the mold and slide the popsicle out!