Tomatoes are what give pico de gallo all the flavour, so switch up your tomatoes for a whole new experience! Kumato® tomatoes have a unique colour and taste sweeter than your typical red tomatoes. This Kumato® pico de gallo is very easy to make and is a fresh and vibrant salsa that’s delicious with tortilla chips, on tacos, or with your favourite Mexican-inspired dish.
- 6 – 8 Kumato® tomatoes, chopped
- ½ an English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- juice of ½ a fresh lemon
- juice of ½ a fresh lime
- ¼ bunch cilantro, chopped (~1/3 cup or use as much as you'd like)
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Chop all ingredients and blend together with citrus, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favourite tortilla chips or top sandwiches and wraps.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Sunset Grown.