Looking for an option to pre-bought granola bars for your packed lunches? These no-bake lemon ginger bars are the perfect alternative!
- 1 ¼ cup oats, gluten-free if desired
- 1 cup pitted and chopped soft Medjool dates (5 ½ ounces)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted if desired
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Grind oats in food processor until flour like in texture. Empty oat mixture into a medium bowl.
- Grind dates in food processor, scraping sides until paste like. Add honey, lemon zest and lemon juice, and process, scraping sides several times to combine the mixture.
- Add the oat mixture and process, stopping and scraping until the mixture comes together. Add almonds and ginger and pulse several times to incorporate.
- Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Scrape the oat date mixture into the pan, and press into the pan with moistened fingertips. Refrigerate to firm, 1 to 12 hours.
- Cut into 12 bars. Store bars in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator up to one week.
Thank you to our partner Citrus from Chile for generously sharing this recipe with us.