This lemon raspberry ricotta cake is as pretty as it is delicious! It’s perfect to share with friends and family during special occasions and holiday celebrations!
Serves Serves 8 Ingredients Instructions
Serves Serves 8
INGREDIENTS – CRÈME ANGLAISE (OPTIONAL)
6 Large Egg Yolks
3 cups (750 mL) 35% Cream
3.5oz 100g White Granular Sugar
1 Whole Vanilla Bean – split and seeded
1. Combine cream and vanilla in heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat
2. Simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the milk and cream with vanilla flavour and fragrance
3. Separate egg yolks from the whites; combine the yolks with sugar mixing until blonde in colour
4. Combine the hot liquid with the egg/sugar mixture slowly, tempering the eggs to prevent curdling
5. Return the mixture to the saucepan stirring gently over medium heat for 5 minutes to thicken
6. When the cream coats the back of a wooden spoon and a pass of your finger across the spoon holds
Watch this recipe being made by Chef Collins!
Recipe developed by Chef Jonathan Collins and featured on The Kitchen Life Live with Produce Made Simple.
A passionate chef and father who loves to share his experiences in cuisine and life, Chef Jonathan Collins has cooked for presidents, prime ministers, billionaires, celebrities and even royalty! A graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, Jonathan has developed a signature style by blending North American, European and Asian influences with a French foundation and distinct Canadian identity, emphasizing fresh, local, seasonal ingredients.