This lemon vinaigrette is perfect to dress a simple green salad or even grilled vegetables. It would also be an excellent addition to a couscous or grain salad. The great thing about this lemon vinaigrette is that you probably have all the ingredients on hand to make it. What’s even better is that it doesn’t cost very much to develop and you will make your grocery dollars stretch further by making simple ingredients taste extraordinary!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and sugar. Taste and season with a pinch of pepper.
- This lemon vinaigrette goes well with delicate greens like: spinach, arugula, baby field greens and watercress.
- Parmesan cheese would be a great addition to a salad dressed with this lemon vinaigrette.
- Lemon zest is not essential in this recipe, but it will add an intense lemon flavour.
- Can easily be made by placing all ingredients in a tightly sealed jar and shaking.
If you want to learn how to zest a lemon without a zester and get the most juice out of a lemon with a fork, we will teach you in this video!
Watch how easy this is to make!