This lemon vinaigrette is perfect to dress a simple green salad or even grilled vegetables. It would also be an excellent addition to a couscous or grain salad. The great thing about this lemon vinaigrette is that you probably have all the ingredients on hand to make it!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and sugar. Taste and season with a pinch of pepper.
- This lemon vinaigrette goes well with delicate greens like: spinach, arugula, baby field greens and watercress.
- Parmesan cheese would be a great addition to a salad dressed with this lemon vinaigrette.
- Lemon zest is not essential in this recipe, but it will add an intense lemon flavour.
- Can easily be made by placing all ingredients in a tightly sealed jar and shaking.
If you want to learn how to zest a lemon without a zester and get the most juice out of a lemon with a fork, we will teach you in this video!