This Lentil Salad with Grapes, Feta and Mint is a great recipe when you are craving something hearty and filling but also healthy. It works great as a side dish for 4-6 people or can also be a meal for 2-3. Serve this tasty recipe on its own or with grilled chicken, salmon or tofu.
Serves 4-6 as a side dish240
- 1 cup dry lentils
- fine sea salt
- 1 shallot (1/3 cup) minced
- ½ cup peeled and diced carrot
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 cup fresh Chilean grapes, washed, stemmed, and cut into quarters
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon golden honey
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch mint, leaves torn or coarsely chopped yielding ½ cup
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, simmer lentils in 4 cups of water, and ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, for 25 minutes, or until lentil are tender, but not mushy. Drain off any excess water when lentils are cooked to your liking.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, gently sauté shallot, carrot, and celery with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Cook al dente.
- Prep the dressing: whisk together 2 remaining tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, and honey, and a pinch of salt.
- Strain cooked lentils and add them to the skillet.
- Transfer lentil salad to a serving platter or bowl. Pour on the dressing and toss to coat. Scatter over the salad: cut grapes, feta, mint and a nice grind of black pepper. Season with additional salt to taste.
This recipe was created in partnership with our featured member, Fruits from Chile!