For a quick and hearty dinner, whip up this linguine alfredo with shredded collard greens and prosciutto. The greens are chock full of nutrients and the prosciutto adds an smokey flavour to this linguine dish! Topped with a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese, this dinner will be a favourite for those nights where you need something tasty and quick!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pkg (450g) linguine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 bunch (about 8 oz/250 g) Ontario collard greens, stemmed and shredded (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until garlic starts to soften and prosciutto starts to crisp.
- Add butter, collard greens and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well coated and starts to wilt’ don’t let butter brown. Stir in whipping cream; bring to a simmer.
- Add hot, drained cooked pasta and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine, stir in cheese and sprinkle with pepper. Serve with more cheese, if desired.