Bring out the bright flavour of snap peas with fresh lemon paired with sliced roasted sliced almonds makes for a happy and colourful side dish!
- 8-ounce package (pre-washed) stringless sugar snap peas (2 cups)
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5 mL) finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) crushed red pepper (optional)
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) purchased sliced, roasted ranch flavored almonds
- Lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- Salt, as needed
- Bring 2 quarts (2 scant litres) water to a boil; stir in 1 tbsp salt. Plunge sugar snap peas into boiling water; cook for 45 seconds from the moment the peas were added. Do not overcook even briefly or peas will become too soft. Drain; immediately plunge into ice water for 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly; reserve.
- Mix zest, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper; whisk in oil. Toss dressing with reserved sugar snap peas, green onion, and almonds. Arrange salad on a serving platter. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Recipe kindly sponsored by Mann’s