These macaroni and cheese stuffed mini peppers make a great after school snack or a quick lunch for kids. To please the grown-up palette, fill with homemade mac and cheese and then top with a Mexican cheese blend or some extra spices for some kick!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 6 Ontario Greenhouse Mini Peppers
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: parsley, green onion, diced tomato
- Wash the peppers, cut in half, remove seeds and ribs. Trim a very thin piece off the bottom of the peppers to allow them to sit upright in the baking pan (be careful not to make a hole as the filling may fall out).
- Fill the centre of each pepper half with approximately 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared macaroni and cheese. Top each half with 1 tsp (5 mL) shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350ªF (180ºC) oven until the pepper is softened and the macaroni and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly; garnish if desired with one or all of the optional garnishes.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers