It’s hard not to love a classic ramen noodle salad, and this one is even better for you thanks to the addition of citrus and plenty of vegetables. It’s sure to bring some much needed colour to your plate in the cooler weather months.
- 4 Mandarin Oranges
- 1 package (14 oz) shredded coleslaw mixture with carrots (about 6 cups)
- 1 package (3 oz) “Oriental” flavor instant ramen noodles, seasoning packet reserved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel and segment the mandarin oranges and place in a large bowl with the slaw mix.
- Remove the dry ramen noodles from the package and set the seasoning packet aside. Break up the noodles and add to the slaw, along with the green onions, almonds and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the reserved seasoning packet, vinegar, oils, sugar, and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over the slaw mixture and toss together. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to hydrate noodles.
Thank you to our partner Citrus from Chile for generously sharing this recipe with us.