This Mango Salsa recipe will trick you into thinking you’re on a vacation somewhere in the tropics. It is not only refreshing and flavourful, but adds a tropical flavour to any occasion, which is wonderful in the winter time!
Want to add a little kick to your salsa? Add a few jalapeno seeds, that’s where the heat is. Remember you can always add heat, but you can’t take it away – so add a little at a time.
- 2 cups finely diced mango (about 1 mango)
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- ½ teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve, or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to blend flavours.