Add another dimension of smokey flavour to classic mashed potatoes with bacon and maple. Maple adds a beautiful woody sweetness while bacon adds a savoury, smokey bite.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pierce sweet potatoes all over with fork; place on cookie sheet with sides. Bake about 1 hour 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork. Let stand 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown. Remove bacon from skillet; place on paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; discard remaining drippings.
- Add chopped garlic to skillet; cook over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Peel potatoes; place in large bowl. Mash until no lumps remain. Add milk, maple syrup, salt and pepper; mash until very smooth.
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Add bacon and garlic to sweet potatoes, stir until blended.
This recipe was provided by our featured member, Berlo’s Best!