This tasty recipe was developed by Ashley of Food is Life.
Get all the tastiness of tacos plus a generous dose of veggies in these two-bite mini pepper taco boats. These are perfect for passing around at a party, or serving for a simple weeknight dinner – maybe with a side of tortilla chips and guacamole.
18 to 20 peppers
- 1 package of Ontario greenhouse sweet mini peppers
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 green onions, trimmed and diced, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups grated old cheddar cheese
- For serving: lime wedges and salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet set over medium heat, add the ground beef. Break it up with the back of a spoon and cook until it's no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes. Once the beef is cooked, drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Place the pan back on the heat and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the green onions, and sprinkle the taco seasoning over the ground beef. Add the water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the water is mostly evaporated.
- Put the beef mixture in a bowl and add the cheddar cheese. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove any veins and seeds from the inside. Spoon the taco beef mixture into each pepper and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with a little bit of sliced green onion and lime wedges (optional) and serve immediately with a side of your favourite salsa.
Recipe by Ashley Tanner of Food is Life for Produce Made Simple.