A delightfully bright pasta dish that keeps these mushrooms the main event! Pappardelle Cultivo Collection Mushroom Zucchini Pasta with rosemary white wine reduction and toasted pine nuts.
- 500g dried pappardelle pasta
- 12 cups (2.8 L) water
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) salt
- 2 Mucci Farms Cultivo Collection Portabella mushrooms, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup (125 ml) Mucci Farms Cultivo Collection Mini Bella mushrooms, ¼ inch slices
- ½ cup (125 ml) Mucci Farms Cultivo Collection white mushrooms, ¼ inch slices
- 2 cups (500 ml) Mucci Farms Zukies Mini Zucchinis, ¼ inch half-moon slices
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, plug sprigs for garnish
- 2⁄3 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- ½ cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. (60 ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) pepper
- ½ cup (125 ml) toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) finely grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, roughly 10 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
- *Tip: Pasta can be cooked while cooking the Mucci Farms Cultivo Collection Mushrooms mixture. This will keep your pasta as fresh as possible.
- In a large sauté pan, on high heat, melt 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of butter and cook Mucci Farms Cultivo Collection Mushrooms for 10 minutes. Add zucchini, garlic and rosemary sprigs and sear roughly 5 minutes until zucchini is golden. Deglaze pan with wine. Reduce heat to medium heat and stir in vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove pan from heat and remove rosemary twigs. Stir in pasta, reserved pasta water, 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of butter and 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) of parmesan cheese until fully combined.
- Serve with remaining parmesan cheese. Garnish with pine nuts and rosemary leaves.
Recipe by: Mucci Farms