On hot summer days, a refreshing pasta salad makes the perfect lunch or dinner. Combining sweet nectarines, salty feta, tangy red onions and fragrant basil, this nectarine pasta salad is fresh, fruity and delicious.
- For the salad:
- 2 cups dried rotini
- 2 Ontario nectarines, thinly sliced, peel on
- 1 cup halved cherry/grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining salad ingredients.
- Prepare the dressing: mix all the ingredients in a measuring cup and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to combine. Place in the fridge for two hours to allow the flavours to combine or serve immediately.
Recipe by Christina Iaboni, RD