Dessert doesn’t need to be complicated and time-consuming! This No-Bake Pear Cheescake incorporates sweet, gently cooked pear in cinnamon and brown sugar for a warming sweet touch!
- 1 1/2 (325 mL) cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 6 Tbsp (60 mL) unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 12 oz cream cheese (56 g), room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sour cream or creme fraiche
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) confectioners’ sugar, powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- 1 large USA Pears Starkrimson variety, medium chop
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- Pulse gingersnap cookies in a food processor until ground. Combine with melted butter until moistened. Divide among four serving containers* and press cookie crumbs to the bottom to form the crust. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and mix until incorporated. Scrape down bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing. Add confectioners’s sugar and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until mixture is smooth.
- Divide cheesecake batter among prepared serving containers. Use a mini offset spatula, or the back of a spoon, to level cheesecake batter. Cover and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, place chopped pears in a heavy bottomed sauce pot. Add water, brown sugar, and optional cinnamon stick. Set over medium heat and cook until sugar has melted. Stir often to ensure sugar does not burn at the bottom of the pot. Once sugar has melted, remove from heat. Set aside until cheesecake is chilled.
- Spoon pears and syrup over chilled cheesecakes. Serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of our featured member, USA Pears!