A fun take on the classic caprese salad
- 1 package Ombra™ brown tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 package fresh basil
- ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- Slice up the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into ½ inch slices.
- Arrange slices in rows on a platter alternating ingredients from tomato, basil, then cheese.
- Pour ½ cup of balsamic vinegar into a saucepan on low and stir frequently until it thickens like maple syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the platter then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Note: Substitute the almonds for any topping of your choice!
Recipe by Del Fresco Pure