Everythings better when it’s mini, right? Make these mini Ontario apple crisps with a variety of your favourite locally grown apples for a delicious fall crisp!
- ½ cup (125 mL) crushed gingersnap cookies
- ½ cup (125 mL) rolled oats, old fashioned or quick (not instant)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled, chopped Ontario apples (such as Empire or McIntosh), 4 or 5 depending on size
- 2 tbsp (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- Butter 6 – ¾ cup (175 mL) ramekins; place on a baking sheet for easier handling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place 4 or 5 gingersnaps in a sealable bag and crush with small pot or rolling pin. Measure ½ cup (125 mL) into a medium bowl. Add oats, brown sugar and flour; stir to combine. Stir in butter until crumbly.
- In large bowl place chopped apples. Add brown sugar and toss with apples. Divide apple mixture between ramekins. Sprinkle topping over apples, pressing down.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
Nutrients per serving: 206 calories, 10 g total fat, 108 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 2 g protein.