Mix up your fruit crisp by making this Ontario apple plum crisp! Combining plums and apples add both a floral and fruity deliciousness to this crisp!
- ¾ cup (180 mL) rolled oats (not instant)
- ¾ cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (180 mL) packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) cinnamon
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter
- 4 large Ontario apples, peeled and sliced (such as Empire, Cortland, Crispin, Golden Delicious, McIntosh, Northern Spy)
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced pitted red plums
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) nutmeg
- Prepare topping: In large bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. With pastry blender cut in butter until crumbly.
- Prepare apple/plum mixture: In large bowl combine apples and plums. In small bowl combine brown sugar, flour and nutmeg; toss with apples and plums. Place apple/plum mixture in 12 cup (3 L) casserole.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake in a 375°F (180°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and crumble is golden brown.