These simple freezer jam featuring fresh Ontario blueberries captures all of the goodness of Summer for you to enjoy all year long! It pairs well with everything from fresh bread to your favourite cheese. Serve it on top of some vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt for a dessert everyone will love.
- 4 cups (1 L) Ontario Blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 1 45 g pouch of freezer jam pectin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon peel
- In large bowl crush blueberries to measure 4 cups (1 L).
- Stir in sugar. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add pectin to the blueberries and stir 3 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in grated lemon peel.
- Ladle into 5 1-cup (250 mL) mason jars, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) headspace, apply lids.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
Instead of blueberries any fully ripe berries or tender fruit (Ontario peaches, plums or apricots) can be used.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at the Berry Growers of Ontario.