Planning a picnic or just looking for a delicious way to use up some fruit? Why not bake up this simple blueberry lemon crisp featuring local Ontario blueberries. Make individualized portions by splitting ingredients into 4-6 ramekins before baking.
- 4 cups (1 L) Ontario Blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) each of all-purpose flour and large-flake rolled oats, traditional style
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated nutmeg
- In bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and flour; stir well.
- Spoon into greased 8 cup (2 L) baking dish.
- Topping: In same bowl, combine flour, oats, butter, sugar and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven 40 to 45 minutes, uncovered, or until fruit is bubbly and top is golden brown
Recipe provided by our friends at the Berry Growers of Ontario.