- You will need 8 wooden skewers.
- Juice of one lemon, approx. 3 tbsp
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano or Italian seasoning (Alternatively Greek seasoning)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 each – red, yellow, orange Ontario Greenhouse bell pepper (3 Total)
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Cut peppers and chicken into 1-inch pieces. Add to the marinade bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water while you let the food marinade.
- OVEN OPTION: When ready, preheat your oven to 350°F. Evenly distribute the chicken and peppers onto the skewers. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning once halfway. Add colour at the end by broiling on low for approx. 3 minutes per side.
- GRILL IT: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning until nicely browned on all sides and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side.
Make it for dinner: Serve with rice, a fresh Greek salad and dress with our Ontario greenhouse cucumber tzatziki.
Make it for lunch: Remove chicken and peppers from skewers when cool and add them to a pita with shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and our Ontario greenhouse cucumber tzatziki.
Refrigerate any leftovers in an air-tight container. Enjoy within 3 days.
Thank you to our friends at www.ogvg.com for generously providing this recipe.