Kids will have a blast helping you to make, then eat these fun, colourful snacks using fresh Ontario greenhouse grown cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes! These treats are Pinterest-worthy, but SO easy and fast to assemble. They are perfect for a party!
6 - 9 pepper aliens; 15-20 tomato aliens
- 6 Ontario greenhouse mini cucumbers
- 1 Ontario greenhouse English cucumber
- 15-20 grape or cocktail tomatoes
- 1 each – Red, Yellow and Orange Ontario greenhouse bell peppers*
- Herb and Garlic spreadable cream cheese
- Candy eyes (from bulk store)
- Store-bought cookie icing in squeeze container
- Create the bases for your aliens with the cucumbers. With a knife, remove the tips from the cucumbers so all the pieces will be flat, and then cut each cucumber into varied disks; from 3 – 5 cm high. Use the thin end of a spoon or fork to scrape out the soft, middle section to create a hole about 1-1.5cm deep.
- Cut peppers into strips of varying lengths. They should be only as wide as the holes in the cucumber bases.
- Using the icing as glue, adhere the candy eyes to the tomatoes and pepper strips. Let dry a few minutes.
- Create your aliens! The English cucumber bases hold the peppers. Fill each cucumber base with the cream cheese to help secure the pepper alien. The mini cucumbers are a perfect fit to hold the tomato aliens so they won’t roll away!
- If water collects inside your cucumber bases, gently touch it with a paper towel to absorb it.
- *Enjoy any leftover peppers in other recipes or to eat on their own.
Thank you to our friends at www.ogvg.com for generously providing this recipe.