These Ontario Mushroom Kabobs are the perfect addition to any backyard barbecue party! What better way to easily serve food than on a skewer. It keeps things clean, fun and organized! Enjoy this delicious recipe along side a piece of grilled steak, chicken or even more grilled veggies.
Serves 4-6 Kabobs
- 1-2 packages of Ontario cremini or button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1/2 tbsp dried parsley)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper for seasoning, to taste
- Clean Ontario mushrooms as necessary and slice in half. Learn cleaning tips in our Mushroom 101 article!
- Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and olive oil into a bowl, whisk together. Add the sliced Ontario mushrooms to the bowl and toss evenly in the marinate. Let them sit in the mixture for 10-15 minutes so they absorb all the flavours.
- Thread the marinated mushrooms onto a soaked skewer.
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees F. Lightly oil/butter a baking sheet. Place mushroom skewers on prepared baking sheet. Season the skewers with kosher salt and pepper on both sides. Place in oven and let the mushrooms roast until they are juicy and tender; approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and garnish with fresh parsley if you desire.
- You can also grill these kabobs instead of oven roasting, just grill on each side for 5-6 minutes over medium-high heat! Season with salt and pepper just before cooking.