This refreshing salad pairs chili and mint with juicy nectarines for an intriguing appetizer for your summer BBQ! Try surprising your friends and family with this Ontario nectarine salad with minted chili dressing.
- 1 cup (250 mL) red chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) *Niagara Ice Wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly chopped mint
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chives, snipped
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 each *Boston bibb lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 each *romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 each *red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 3 Ontario nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl combine ingredients and set aside.
- Tear lettuces into bite sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Add nectarines and onion. Whisk dressing, pour over greens and toss lightly. Serve on cold salad plates.
In substitution of lettuces, use 500 g (1 lb) of pre-washed spring mix. In substitution of Niagara Ice Wine Vinegar, may use sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar. PER SERVING: about 234 cal, 3 g pro, 19 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 16 g carb, 3 g fibre, 0 mg chol, 154 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 16%, calcium 6%, vit A 36%, vit C 128%, folate 46%.