Grilled Ontario peaches stuffed into Brie-stuffed chicken is the dinner of dreams! Try this at your next BBQ for a taste of summer on the grill.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each of cinnamon, and ground ginger
- 5 Ontario peaches, washed and peeled – slice 4 peaches and dice 1 peach
- 4 chicken breast – skinless and boneless
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz (125 g) Brie cheese, cut into 1 oz (30 g) slices
- 8 basil leaves, washed
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Preheat BBQ or indoor grill to 425˚F (230˚C).
- In a small sauce pan over high heat, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 minute. To mixture add mixed spices and sliced peaches, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer and cook for another 10 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature, remove spices and then purée in blender until smooth. Add diced peach and set aside for later use.
- Place chicken breasts on clean work surface. Using a sharp knife and focusing on one breast at a time, cut a 3-inch (7.5-cm) long slit horizontally into one side of the chicken breast to form a pocket. Take about 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the purée mixture and spread in the pocket of each breast. Then, stuff each breast with 2 basil leaves and a piece of Brie. In a horizontal and weaving fashion, secure each breast with one skewer, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on preheated grill and cook for 6 minutes, on each side, or until internal temperature registers to 165˚F (74˚C). Remove from grill and rest for 2 minutes before serving with the balance of peach purée and your favourite summer-inspired garden salad.
PER SERVING: about 441 cal, 57 g pro, 12 g total fat (6 g sat fat), 25 g carb, 3 g fibre, 159 mg chol, 600 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 10%, calcium 6%, zinc 27%, magnesium 25%, vit A 8%, vit C 14%, niacin 94%, vitamin B12 52%.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Tender Fruit.