Galettes are pie’s effortless yet equally delicious cousin! Use up some ripening Ontario peaches in this peach galette! Sweetened with just a touch of sugar and honey, this summery dessert is a surefire way to brighten everyone’s day with little to no effort!
This Ontario peach galette would be perfect with a handful of Ontario berries on top, vanilla yogurt, whipped cream, or ice cream on the side for the ultimate dessert!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 refrigerated rolled piecrust (200 g)
- 2 Ontario nectarines, sliced in thin wedges
- Egg wash ( 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) turbinado sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the piecrust on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toss the nectarines with 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar. Arrange the slices in a decorative pattern over the piecrust leaving a 2-inch (5 cm) border.
- Fold the edges of the pastry toward the center, overlapping the fruit, to create a pleated border. Brush the pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Scatter the butter cubes over the exposed nectarines.
- Bake, in lower third of oven, for 20 to 25 minutes or until the juices bubble and the pastry is golden brown. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Brush the warm honey over the nectarines. Slice into wedges and serve warm or room temperature.
Nutritional Information per Serving (1/6 of galette): Calories 330, Fat 16g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 240mg, Carbohydrates 38g, Fibre 2g, Sugar 12g, Protein 4g