Peach mousse is a simple dessert that sounds complicated to make but just takes a little time and prep! The elegant dessert you’ll get in the end is worth the 30 minutes of work and 2 hours of waiting! Savour your peaches in this rich and creamy peach mousse.
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) Ontario peaches (about 6), peeled, pitted, and cut into slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Amaretto liqueur
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) powdered gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) almond extract
- Strawberries or raspberries for garnish
- In a sauce pan at medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice and peaches and cook for 15 minutes, until peaches are soft and tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, pour Amaretto and sprinkle with gelatine. Let swell for 10 minutes. Add the gelatine mixture to the peaches in the sauce pan and stir for one minute until gelatine is completely dissolved. Let peach mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream and almond extract until firm.
- In a blender, puree peach mixture. Add puree to whip cream and mix well. Divide into 10 ramekins and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with a strawberry or a few raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
This recipe was provided by our featured member, Vineland Growers, developed by Hélène Laurendeau.