Each of these Ontario Peach ricotta pancakes is garnished with three slices of fresh Ontario peaches, offering a sweet flavour to every bite. To reduce prep time, combine the wet ingredients the night before, store in the refrigerator and combine with the dry ingredients in the morning.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced, pitted Ontario Peaches (approx 1 peach)
- To garnish: sliced peaches and maple syrup
- In bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together ricotta, milk, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, stirring just to combine (batter will be lumpy).
- In large skillet, over medium heat, melt 2 tsp (10 mL) of the butter. Ladle the pancake batter (about 1/4 cup (60 mL) each) into the pan, about 3 ladles per skillet. Top each pancake with 3 peach slices. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the top and the undersides are golden brown. Flip pancakes and cook one minute, or until browned and cooked through. Wipe out the pan and repeat with remaining butter and batter. (Keep cooked pancakes warm in a
- F (93C) oven for up to 20 minutes.)
- Serve peach pancakes with sliced peaches and warm pure maple syrup.
This recipe was provided by our featured member, Vineland Growers.