What better way to celebrate peach season than with Ontario peach skillet cobbler? Crisp baked goodness studded with baked peaches? Yes please!
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 Ontario Egg
- ¾ cup (175 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 firm ripe Ontario Peaches, peeled and cut into ½-inch (1 cm) slices (about 2 cups /500 mL sliced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) cup peach jam
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, sour cream and extract. Add to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Melt butter in non-stick 10-inch (25 cm) skillet (at least 6 cup/1.5 L capacity). Swirl pan to coat with butter. Remove from heat.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and scatter peach slices over; spoon dollops of jam evenly over peaches. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned and cake tester comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrients per serving (1/8 recipe): 341 calories, 6 g total fat, 258 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 5 g protein. Excellent source of folate.