This twist on a dessert classic is so delicious! Ontario Peaches Foster is a quick summer treat to whip up, simply softening up some peaches with some rum, sugar, and butter and serving it with some creamy vanilla ice cream and toasted chopped pecans. Yum!
- 4 large firm ripe Ontario Peaches, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) rum (preferably amber)
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen yogurt
- Garnish: Chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Cut peaches into ½-inch (1 cm) thick wedges, discarding pits.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, rum and cinnamon. Add peach slices and simmer, stirring and turning peaches over occasionally, until tender about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve warm over vanilla ice cream sprinkled with chopped pecans, if desired.
Nutrients per serving (1/6 recipe with 1/2 cup/125 mL ice cream): 494 calories, 26 g total fat, 143 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 6 g protein.