We could always use some salad inspiration and this arugula and pear salad from Susan is absolutely delicious. Topped with cambozola cheese and smoked almonds, this salad is easy to put together and will have you looking forward to lunch.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard, heaping
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 142g (5oz) baby arugula
- 2 Ontario-grown Bartlett pears, cut into wedges
- 120g (4oz) cambozola, sliced
- ¼ cup hickory smoked almond, coarsely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper
- Place the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, whole grain mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set it aside.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl and pour the dressing over top. Toss to coat. Divide the greens across two to four bowls and top with pears, cambozola, and almonds. Finish with fresh ground pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe by Susan of Rhub and Cod