Serve this easy and flavourful Ontario Pear and Cranberry salsa with poultry, fish or even cheese. Store leftovers in refrigerator, it’s good the next day. Add a little cayenne pepper if you want to make it spicy.
Makes about 1½ cups (375 mL)
- 2 firm, ripe Ontario Pears, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen cranberries
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup (60 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange rind
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh gingerroot
- Place pears and frozen cranberries in food processor and pulse until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl, about 1 minute. Transfer to small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving (1/4 cup/50 mL): 82 calories, 0 g total fat, 2 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 0 g protein.