Sweet raspberries are blended with milk, cream and sugar to create a simple homemade ice cream recipe that perfect for keeping us all cool this season. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and pour the mixture into the pan.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Ontario raspberries
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the raspberries in a blender; cover and process on medium-high speed until chopped.
- Combine all ingredients in the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Stir in sugar is dissolved. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions
Recipe courtesy of our friends at the Berry Growers of Ontario.
For more raspberry inspiration, click here.