Open-faced sandwiches are a clever way to feed a crowd of any size. You can set up the ingredients buffet-style, allowing guests to serve themselves, or prepare them in advance to create a stunning display.
- Assorted breads, such as whole-wheat, multigrain, rye, and bagels, buttered
- Assorted spreads, such as cream cheese, hummus
- Assorted cheeses, such as cheddar, goat cheese
- Assorted deli meats, such as ham, roast beef, roast turkey
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Ontario greenhouse peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced strawberries
- Assorted garnishes, such as microgreens, fresh herbs and sliced green onions
- Assemble the sandwiches as desired, beginning with the spreads and ending with the garnishes.
- Be creative and design the sandwiches with your own favourite flavour combinations, or use the pictures as your guide.