Saw us on CTV with Chef D? Find the full recipe for the orange avocado bruschetta below, as well as the Orange Quinoa salad and homemade chicken tenders on Produce Made Simple! This bruschetta uses fresh Chilean oranges and creamy avocado for a mouthwatering appetizer that is a twist on a classic!
Makes 24 appetizers
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 Chilean oranges
- 1 large firm but ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) minced red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- Freshly ground sea salt to taste
- 24 baguette slices
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cut away peel from oranges then cut fruit into 1/4-inch cubes. Cut avocado
- into 1/4-inch cubes. Stir together oranges, onion, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut avocado into 1/4-inch cubes and
- very lightly fold into mixture.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture onto baguette
- slices and top with cilantro, if desired.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Citrus from Chile!