This fresh Orange Jicama Salad has tons of flavour and fun textures thanks to its use of fresh, segments of juicy Chilean orange, rich, creamy avocado, and crunchy jicama!
Matthew Kadey MSc., RD
- 1 small sized jicama, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 fresh Chilean orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced radish
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 small Chilean lemon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL) grated or finely minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) red pepper chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- In a large bowl, toss together jicama, orange, carrot, radish, cucumber, avocado and spinach.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast pumpkin seeds until browned and beginning to pop. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, ginger, chili flakes and salt.
- Divide salad among serving plates and top with pumpkin seeds and ginger dressing.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Citrus from Chile!