This fresh Orange Jicama Salad has tons of flavour and fun textures thanks to its use of fresh, segments of juicy Chilean orange, rich, creamy avocado, and crunchy jicama!
- 1 small sized jicama, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 fresh Chilean orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced radish
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 small Chilean lemon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL) grated or finely minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) red pepper chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- In a large bowl, toss together jicama, orange, carrot, radish, cucumber, avocado and spinach.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast pumpkin seeds until browned and beginning to pop. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, ginger, chili flakes and salt.
- Divide salad among serving plates and top with pumpkin seeds and ginger dressing.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Citrus from Chile!