Roasting is a quick, easy way to sweeten the flavour of both the Brussels sprouts and the cauliflower through caramelization. Oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with cauliflower are irresistibly tender and sweet. Serve as a delicious side dish for a casual weeknight dinner, or serve for Sunday suppers or holiday dinners.
- 1 lb. (450 g) Brussels sprouts, washed, dried, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups (500 mL) cauliflower florets, washed and dried
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204ºC), using the convection setting if available. Otherwise, raise oven rack to high position.
- Before preparing Brussels sprouts, heat large rimmed baking sheet in oven. In a medium bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and cauliflower with olive oil to coat. Add paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir to distribute evenly.
- Remove pan from oven and pour sprouts and cauliflower over pan, spreading to make a single layer. Roast for twenty to thirty minutes until desired tenderness, stirring every ten minutes for even caramelization.
Produce Made Simple Tip: 1 pound of fresh sprouts (20-25 sprouts) = approx. 3 cups cut up