Try making oven roasted parsnips and carrots for a tasty side dish or a snack! Dip in some garlic sriracha mayo as a delicious after school or after work snack that’s tasty and good for you. Vitamin A, fibre, vitamin C…what’s not to love?
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario carrots, peeled
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario parsnips, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut carrots and parsnips into 1/2-inch thick fries. Toss with oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake, turning occasionally, for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with Garlic Sriracha Mayo.
- Garlic Sriracha Mayo: Stir mayonnaise with lemon juice, garlic, Sriracha and salt until smooth. Stir in green onion.
Use an extra 1 tsp (5 mL) of Sriracha a spicier kick.