Bring some summertime flavours onto the breakfast table any time of the year with these handy Overnight Oats with Stone Fruit.
These are great if your mornings are packed full with things to do before you leave the house and need a quick bite to eat before you head out. With no prep in the morning (it’s all done the night before), you’ll be wondering how you managed without this recipe before. It will help you save time, eat healthy and get the most important meal to start your day right!
You can add whatever stone fruit best suits your taste buds, but we love adding them all. Peaches, plums and nectarines are fruits that all go well together. Cut up one of each and mix in a bowl the night before with a squeeze of lemon juice (to keep them from browning), as a wonderful topper to the overnight oats. Enjoy!
Fruits From Chile
5 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 1/3 cups milk, unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1-2 fresh ripe Chilean nectarines, peaches or plums, roasted pistachios, and flaked coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and sea salt.
- Scoop ½ cup oats into two 8 ounce jars. Pour the sweetened milk mixture over the oats.
- Cover jars and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- In the morning, top your soaked oats with chopped stone fruit, and any other goodies you desire and you’ve got breakfast to go.
Recipe and image courtesy of Fruits From Chile.