These Pacific Rose wonton apple pork bites are simple to put together while being impressive to serve no matter what the occasion. Birthday parties, hors d’oeuvres for a dinner party, or even right before your favourite TV show (or sport if you’re into that sort of thing).
40 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced raw pork (or chicken if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 1 Pacific Rose™ apple, peeled & diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) diced sweet red bell pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) mint, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cilantro, chopped
- Use a 21/2 round cookie cutter to cut circles of wonton pastry then press each circle firmly into a non-stick mini muffin tin and bake at 400°F (200ªC) until crisp.
- Marinate pork with soy, ginger and garlic for 30 minutes.
- In a hot pan or wok, fry the pork mixture in sesame oil until cooked through but before it starts to brown. Add apple and sweet bell pepper and stir until everything is cooked through.
- Fill crisp wonton wrappers with cooked meat mixture, then garnish with fresh mint and cilantro.
This recipe is kindly provided by Pacific Rose Apples.