Grilled slices of ONTARIO PEACHES nestled on prosciutto-wrapped Belgian endive spears and dotted with herbed cream cheese… This wonderful little party snack idea isn’t just tasty, it’s also easy to prepare and highly appetizing – gorgeous! Based on the way they always disappear, you may wish to double the recipe, just saying! Enjoy!
- 3 Ontario peaches
- 3 Belgian endive, spears plucked from base
- 8 Slices prosciutto, divided lengthwise into strips
- ½ Cup herbed cream cheese, room temperature
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Freshly chopped chives
- Prepare peaches: Wash peaches and cut them in half, discarding the pit. Slice into ½-inch segments. Preheat grill to 425°F. Place peach slices onto grill and cook for 1 minute before turning to cook the other side for 1 minute more. Remove peaches and proceed with recipe.
- Prepare cheese: Transfer cheese to a piping bag fitted with a star nib.
- Assemble appetizer: Wrap a strip of prosciutto around the flat bottom section of an endive spear. Squeeze a small quantity of the cream cheese onto the endive spear in the shape of a rosette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tuck the grilled peach slice into the cheese. Sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate if prepared in advance.
Recipe by Weekend at the Cottage