One of our Produce Made Simple Ambassadors, The Yummy Farm was inspired during the industry Peach Tour in Niagara Region. She decided that everyone’s favourite cookie needed a seasonal makeover, so took her classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and added fresh, chopped Ontario peaches.
“My kids and husband were hesitant to try these, thinking their favourite cookie might be compromised with the addition of fruit. But everyone was pleasantly surprised by how much they enjoyed them! I hope your family enjoys these as much as we did!”
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Ontario peach, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer and medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until thick and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped peach.
- Place large dollops (2-3 tbsp.) of dough on the baking sheet, leaving 2-inches of space between each. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the cooking are golden brown, and the centre is slightly soft.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tip! Make these seasonal treats while local peaches are in season and freeze your cookie dough in balls to bake later! Just add an extra minute or two in the oven.
Recipe by The Yummy Farm for Produce Made Simple.