Everyone has tried a delicious peach dessert, but we also love to combine savoury with sweet in this recipe for Peach & Nectarine BBQ Chicken Quesadilla.
Serves 4 Quesadillas
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Heinz Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario peaches and Ontario nectarines
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced Jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheddar
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together cooked chicken, BBQ sauce and chili powder until well combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, brush with oil. Lay a tortilla in skillet. Scatter 1/4 portion each of chicken mixture, peaches & nectarines, red onion, Jalapeño, cilantro and cheese. Cover with another tortilla to enclose filling.
- Cook until underside is golden, flip and continue until other side is golden, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Tender Fruit.