Treat yourself to a morning meal makeover by upgrading your smoothie to a decadent healthy bowl filled with fresh fruit, yogurt, flax and almond butter. Who knew things could this delicious so early in the day?
- 2 ripe Chilean peaches or nectarines
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ or 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- optional: honey, to taste
- ice cubes
- toppings: 1 additional ripe peach, plum or nectarine, cut into chunks; granola; drizzled honey
- Thoroughly blend peaches, yogurt, ground flax, almond butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and orange juice. Taste for sweetness, and add honey as desired. Toss a few ice cubes into the blender – and pulse until smoothie is chilled to your liking.
- Pour smoothie into 4 bowls, top with fresh peach slices, granola and toasted almonds.
Thank you to our friends Fruits from Chile for kindly providing this recipe.