This free form pie is the perfect elegant and slightly sweet dessert for any occasion, or simply to celebrate Ontario tender fruit season! We think it’s a great summer–time treat to enjoy out on the patio too.
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 package (90 g) Dr. Oekter French Vanilla Pudding Supreme Mix
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cream, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario peaches, about 2 large peaches
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each sugar and cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1 package (270 g) Shirriff Pie Crust Mix
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peach jam
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). In a medium-sized bowl, blend together vanilla pudding mix, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup (60 mL) cream until smooth using an electric mixer.
- In a medium sized bowl, slice peaches and toss with sugar, cornstarch and ground ginger.
- Follow package directions for making Shirriff pie crust. Lightly dust a clean counter top and rolling pin with flour. Roll out half of the dough into a 10-inch round. Use more flour if crust starts to stick. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread cream cheese mixture in centre of pastry, leaving a 2-inch border. Layer peaches on top in a circular pattern until the entire top has been covered in an attractive design.
- Fold border up over peaches and brush crust with remaining cream. Bake at 450°F (230°C) in bottom third of oven for 10 minutes, turn oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake for another 25 minutes. Remove from oven and brush peach jam over peaches. Serve warm.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Tender Fruit.