This peaches, roasted pecans and bean salad screams summer with Ontario peaches and a sweet, honey garlic dressing brings hearty beans, onions, pecans and frisee together to bring a satisfying and flavourful salad! Garnish with some fresh ricotta cheese for an extra dimension of texture and flavour.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lime zest
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 small garlic glove minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) bean medley
- 1 head of frisee chopped into 2inch Pieces
- 4 Ontario peaches halved, pitted and chopped coarse
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli stemmed, seeded, chopped fine
- Whisk lime zest, juice, honey, garlic. Season with salt together in a large bowl. Whisking constantly, drizzle in oil.
- Add beans, peaches, frisee, onions, pecans, basil and jalapeno to bowl, toss to combine. Serve!
Chef’s Tip garnish with some fresh Ricotta
|This recipe was developed by Chef D, otherwise known as Darryl Fletcher is a regular guest on TV shows across Canada, sharing delicious recipes with an informative and approachable flair. He also is the host of his own tv shows, At Home with Chef D and Chefdtv.com.
Special thanks to OntarioTenderFruit.ca!